Kean University police blotter – September 2016
By: T. Celeste. Mann | Published Sept. 27, 2016
- Police reported that an unknown person took a victim’s laptop from a backpack around 10 a.m. in Sozio Hall.
- An unidentified person took a PBA shield, phone charger and coins from a victim’s vehicle in Vaughn Eames around 8 p.m., police reported.
- Police reportedly arrested a person in Freshman Hall dorm for criminal mischief and underage consumption for alcohol around 3:45 a.m. It was reported that the person pulled the panel of off the elevator wall and then passed out from intoxication.
- A 20-year-old Somerset woman was arrested at Rogers Hall for possession of a controlled dangerous substance around 11:30 p.m., police reported.
- Theft: Police reported that an unidentified person took a victim’s cellphone from the back pocket of a victim’s jean’s around 11 p.m.
- A 19-year-old South Brunswick man was arrested for underage consumption of alcohol and disorderly conduct around 5:30 p.m on Morris Avenue, police reported.
- Police reportedly arrested a 46-year old West Orange man for contempt at 10:54 a.m.
- Theft: An unidentified person took a victim’s iPad from a study station in the Green Lane Academic building.
- Harassment: At 9:30 p.m., an person verbally harassed victim and threw a basketball at the victim in Harwood Arena, police reported.
- Theft: An unknown person took victim’s laptop from classroom in Hennings Hall, police reported.
- Motor vehicle accident: Police reported a hit and run in the Kean Hall lot around 10:15 a.m.
- At 7 p.m. in the Technology Building, an unknown person broke the rear access door to the point where it was split from top to bottom near the hinge door.
- A person verbally and physically harassed victim on several occasions in Barlett Hall, police reported.
- Police reportedly arrested a person for verbally and physically harassing a victim in the Hutchinson parking lot around 3:20 p.m.
- Criminal mischief: An unknown person dented, scratched and left pry marks on the outside of the doors on a victim’s vehicle in a visitor’s parking lot around 11:40 a.m., police reported.
Comments - review our comment policy